Thursday 13 July 2017

Shot no.8



Shot no.8 (Olympus SP820)

Photo taken at Chichén Itzá, Tinum, Yucatán State, México in July 2015.
In this photo we can see one of the new 7 wonders of the world, the pyramid "El Castillo", the main building in Chichén Itzá archeological site.
I wish I could have more pictures to show you about the archeological site but they are just not good enough! They are the kind of pictures that a normal tourist takes, just pointing the camera anywhere and taking shot after shot with no discrimination. Just happened that I got these 2 shots from the main pyramid and I think, for what I was at that time, they are not that bad. The first picture I think is quite interesting because the way that the pyramid looks surrounded by light. That day was just a very normal tropical day, very hot and extremely humid. In the morning we visited another smaller pyramid and a cenote and we left the main attraction for the end of the day, Chichén Itzá. It happened that, all of a sudden, the weather turned and heavy clouds appeared in the sky (and actually when we were on the bus heavy rain and a thunderstorm started). When I took this photo, I was already on my way to the little trail that would bring me back to the bus but I decided to stop and look again to the pyramid and happened that, for just a few little seconds, there was no one between me and the pyramid that could destroy my photos so I took my opportunity and I got my shots.
The pictures are not the best, the angle is not great and the framework is terrible but I still think they have something special. In the second picture, near the top of the pyramid, you can see a bat with open wings.
If you are in Yucatán, you must visit this amazing archeological site!

Info:

No comments:

Post a Comment