Wednesday 2 August 2017

Shot no.16









Shot no. 16 (Canon EOS M10, Fujifilm Finepix Sp8200, Huawei Mate 9)

Photos taken at Nazaré, Leiria District, Portugal in July 2017.
After a day in Sítio (Shot no. 15) went back to Nazaré in the Funicular rail way/cable car. It's a great option to travel between Nazaré and Sítio and has been in use since 1889 of course with modernization of the service.
Nazaré is very well known for its fishing traditions, for its sandy beach and more recently as a big wave surf spot. My main interest was of course the beach and to get back my normal colour and wash away my pale Irish colour. It was impossible to not get amazed by its tiny little streets full of life, the handcraft shops, the old ladies with the traditional skirts offering apartments or rooms to rent, the pathway by the shore, the view of that imponent cliff over the beach and listening to so many different languages!
Like the streets, the beach was crowded but still big enough for everybody. The issue was mine because I wanted to be as close as possible to the water and like me, everybody else! The water was quite cold but I can't really complain seeing as I had swam in the Irish Sea!
Nazaré is a good spot for someone that is looking to just rest and for a beach. Small town with a huge beach, close enough to historic towns like Alcobaça, Batalha and Tomar and close to the Mountains of Mira de Aire e Candeeiros where you can visit it's underground caves. I will have to visit those places in the future.
For this mini holiday I was only looking for beach and that is what I got, I'm back to my normal colour also! Although couldn't resist to hit the road and visit the monastery of Alcobaça, will do another post about that.
So, when I wasn't on the beach, I was eating. That place is like heaven for those who like fish and seafood but I'm not that person so, the challenge was to find somewhere with good food other than fish. I found some places with nice pork but nothing really impressive until one day walking on the little roads around the hotel, I found this little restaurant called Mooo Hamburgueria. Damn! Sorry for my language but I have no words to describe how delicious those hamburguers were! For sure they have the best hamburguers I ever tasted and they are not small! Strongly recommend a visit, well worth it! I visited them twice and only because I found them at the end of my holiday! For desert my suggestion is an ice cream at Gelatomania, they are big, they are huge, they are delicious and they are expensive but who cares? I was on holidays and one a day is allowed!

Info:

2 comments:

  1. Estou a adorar o teu blog *.*

    Tens cada foto... *.*

    Love it. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's my motivation!
      Vou tentar continuara trabalhar no duro! :)

      Delete