Saturday 30 September 2017

Shot no. 23 - part II








Shot no.23 - part II (Canon EOS M10 with lens Canon EF-M 15-45mm and Canon EF 75-300mm)


Photos taken at Killiney Hill, Co. Dublin, Ireland in September 2017.
So exactly one week later, another Sunday, morning time was terrible for photography but the afternoon and evening were just golden! Drove all the way back to Killiney Hill 100% sure that it would be a day for good shots and I don't think I was wrong. The sky was blue but still with some clouds so didn't make the background so boring.
This time I managed to photograph what I had planned when I went on the first visit.
To reach this monument you need to do a little hike, very easy!
That obelisk was built in 1742 and has been restored several times after that and still knows how to look well in a photo! The pyramid was built in 1852 at the edge of Killiney Hill and it was a great spot for me to put my tripod on the top of and take several pictures of Co. Dublin, Dalkey Island and Co. Wicklow... just had to turn around! Sea and mountains so close, just undescribable!
Killiney Hill Park is a great place to spend time, you can hike, mountain climb, play sports or just chill! It includes Killiney Hill and Dalkey Hill, just a few minutes away from Dún Laoghoire. 
I read somewhere that there is many famous people living in Killiney and Dalkey like U2's Bono and The Edge. Who knows if you will find Bono on a hike around the hills?

Info:

About Killiney Hill:


2 comments:

  1. That place is beautiful and peaceful you have captured it in those shots. Stunning pics my favourite is the one looking out over the bay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chantal! I'm glad that I can transmit that kind of feeling with my photos. That keeps me motivated! :)

    ReplyDelete