Monday 30 December 2019

Shot no.47



Photo taken at the Poolbeg Lighthouse, Co. Dublin in December 2018 with Canon EOS 77D and Sigma lens 10-20mm F3.5 EX-DC and DJI Mavic Air.

Over a year ago, I went to the Poolbeg Lighthouse in a very cold and wet winter night (stupid idea) to take some photos! It was so cold that most of the photos were a complete fail! From that day I only posted 1 photo here on Solo Shot 25. My fingers were frozen and I wasn't able to properly set the camera! So I just forgot about those photos. But, looking back at them and after some edition work, I got those 2 photos. I really like it and I got my lesson, to never delete the photos just because I didn't like it at first sight!
The Poolbeg Lighthouse was built in 1768 and is located on the Great South Wall at the Port of Dublin which extends from the Ringsend's Poolbeg peninsula nearly 4km out into Dublin Bay! It's a beautiful walk that takes between 30 to 40min depending on your pace and the sight at the lighthouse is just indescribable! I strongly suggest you try it but please, don't do it like me! It can be dangerous too as the path is quite uneven so make sure that, if you go when there is low light, you bring a flashlight, warm clothes and comfortable footwear. At the end of your walk, you can enjoy a hot chocolate or a coffee with Mr. Hobbs Coffee!
Enjoy the walk and bring your camera! :)

More info;

No comments:

Post a Comment