Wednesday 9 August 2017

Shot no. 18











Shot no. 18 (Fujifilm Finepix SP8200, Canon EOS M10, Huawei Mate 9)

Photos taken at Lisbon City, Lisbon District, Portugal in August 2017.
Lisbon, the city that I love to visit but I keep saying that I would hate to live in. The traffic kills me and driving is one of the things that gives me most pleasure.
For me, one of the most beautiful cities in the world, perfect for photographers. At each corner, one good shot between a modern city, old fashioned buildings and medieval buildings.
Normally my visits are always very quick, just a layover between Dublin and my hometown in Portugal but every now and again I'll spend the night in Lisbon and walk around the city.
This time I stayed for a day and a half, part of that day was spent on the beach (of course, my vital environment!!!). Still managed to walk around downtown (Baixa, Praça do Comércio and Rossio) and Parque das Nações for some photos, didn't have much time but got a few good shots. Visited the Arco da Rua Augusta (3rd photo from the top) and took some nice photos from the top. Also, wanted to visit Elevador de Santa Justa but about 11am on Saturday morning the queue was too big. It's an excellent spot to watch the city from a higher perspective but if you want to visit it go as early as you can... like everything else in Lisbon.
My suggestion for staying is Ibis Hotel Parque das Nações. A modern three star hotel with continental breakfast very well located, close to airport, train, metro, shopping centre and many places to eat!
Probably will never live in Lisbon but I will always return for a visit! 

Info:


No comments:

Post a Comment