Wednesday 23 August 2017

Shot no. 19












Shot no. 19 (Canon EOS M10)

EN

Photos taken at Mosteiro de Alcobaça, Alcobaça, Leiria District, Portugal in July 2017
OK, I know it is clickbait. I'm really sorry but I just thought it would be my only chance to call your attention to a monochromatic post. There is a reason behind this (of course there is!). The photo at the top is actually one of the last ones from that day.
I went to visit Mosteiro de Alcobaça, a very ancient and important monastery in Portuguese history. It was a grey day, for a while I thought I was in Ireland but then I realised that that couldn't be possible because it wasn't that cold! Took a few photos outside the monastery but the light was so bad that I just gave up (please understand, I don't know anything about photography, I just like to share my shots with you). But when I went into the monument, it looked so cold, so dark that it just made me imagine that I was back to medieval times and I imagined that place in black and white, so I took my camera, put it on monochromatic mode and started shooting during the guided visit. 
Spent around 4h there. The first 2h, I just enjoyed the monument and spotted some places for photos and after lunch went back and took photos the whole time! Most of the time was spent inside the monastery but when I went outside to see the cloisters, the sky was blue and the sun was shining. I couldn't help it, I had to take a few photos with colour but then returned to my black and white mission.
Hope you enjoy this black and white experience!

PT (este texto não está escrito com o novo acordo ortográfico)

Fotos tiradas no Mosteiro de Alcobaça, Alcobaça, Distrito de Leiria, Portugal em Julho de 2017
Ok, eu sei que vocês foram enganados. Sinto muito, mas pensei que seria a minha única chance de chamar a sua atenção para uma publicação monocromática. Há uma razão por trás disso (claro que existe!). A foto no topo foi na verdade uma das últimas a  serem tiradas nesse dia.
Fui visitar Mosteiro de Alcobaça, um mosteiro muito antigo e importante na história portuguesa. Era um dia cinzento, por instantes eu pensei que estava na Irlanda, mas percebi que isso não poderia ser possível porque não estava tanto frio! Tirei algumas fotos fora do mosteiro, mas a luz era tão ruim que acabei de desistir (não se esqueça, eu não sei nada sobre fotografia, eu só gosto de compartilhar minhas fotos com você). Mas quando entrei no monumento, parecia tão frio, tão escuro que só me fazia imaginar que tinha voltado à época medieval e imaginei aquele lugar em preto e branco, então peguei minha câmera, coloquei as definições no modo monocromático e comecei a fotografar durante a visita guiada.
Estive lá cerca de 4h. As primeiras 2h, eu apenas desfrutei da visita ao monumento e fui estudando alguns lugares para fotos. Depois do almoço voltei e tirei fotos o tempo todo! A maior parte do tempo foi gasto dentro do mosteiro, mas quando eu fui ver os claustros, o céu era azul e o sol estava brilhando. Não pude evitar, tive que tirar algumas fotos com cores, mas depois voltei para minha missão em preto e branco.

Espero que você aproveite esta experiência em preto e branco!

Info:






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful how you captured the architectural lines and structured curves of that place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Chantal!I'm really glad that you enjoyed my pictures. You should go over to check yourself ;)

      Delete