Monday 17 July 2017

Shot no.10


Shot no. 10 (Huawei Mate 9)


Photo taken at Praia da Azurreira, Ovar, Aveiro District, Portugal in May 2017.

So I think this is the best photo I've ever taken! I even participated in a photography contest but didn't win however many people said that they liked this photo (I hope it's true). 
Quick story behind this picture: 1 week before this picture was taken I had bought this new phone which has a great dual camera from Leica. The pictures are great and that was the main reason why I bought that phone. I was in Portugal for 2 weeks and I was hoping to get good weather and to go to the beach...Total frustration! Didn't happen at all! So one Sunday I went to have breakfast with my cousins and after that I decided to go for a walk on my childhood's beach because it was a sunny morning and I was hoping to get good pictures (I live in hope!). The weather was good, light was perfect, walked up and down in the beach taking pictures but didn't get anything exciting, nothing that could catch someones attention! So went home resigned but then I thought about this hidden place where I always thought would be a great place for picture but never happened either because of the weather or didn't have any camera with me. That day was different, even if at that stage some clouds started to appear, I decided I would go there for THE PICTURE. That little beach it's located in the Ria de Aveiro, a kind of laguna with 41km length, and that area is not busy at all but has very nice facilities with a picnic area and 2 decks for boats. Took few pictures, even of that boat in the picture but again, there was nothing really exciting so I just decided to sit down on the deck and appreciate the scenery before the rain started. When I looked again from a lower level of that boat, I see a completely different landscape... I think its the grass with little white flowers combined with different tones of blue and the isolated boat that gives something special to the photo. Finally, this photo made me think of the ridiculous amount of money that I gave for that phone it was worth it!
It's a beautiful pic, isn't it? There is no filters or color grading!

Info:

  • Ria de Aveiro (english):
    • http://www.riadeaveiro.pt/
    • http://www.centerofportugal.com/aveiro/
    • http://www.bioria.com/riaaveiro

No comments:

Post a Comment