Saturday 29 July 2017

Shot. no.14









Shot no. 14 (Fujifilm Finepix SP8200)
Photos taken at Praia da Barra and Aveiro city, Aveiro District, Portugal in July 2017.
Oh Aveiro! Forever "my" city! Studied there for four years in the college and spent some of the best days of my life in that city! It's where I stepped up from a teenager to an adult, the academic life full of traditions and now I live with nostalgia.
I know Aveiro quite well but never watched it as a tourist, so the visit of two Irsih friends was the perfect excuse to watch my city with new eyes!
It was great to walk again in the little roads around places like Praça do Peixe, Alboi, Rossio, Teatro Aveirense, Fórum Shopping Centre... Crossed bridges over the canals from Ria de Aveiro and I imagined that I was back to my college times. Ria de Aveiro, the one that makes many people to call Aveiro the Portuguese Venice but in my opinion, Venice is the Italian Aveiro! It might be smaller in dimension but our people make it bigger and a warmer place! The experience of a little cruise of 45 minutes in the canal might open your appetite for a bigger cruise where you can taste some wine and Ovos Moles (tradional sweet made from egg) or try a bigger cruise of 2h where you can visit the salines where they produce salt and now there is a spa to relax and enjoy benefits of salty water. 
So many pictures taken at Parque Infante D. Pedro, probably there they understood that I'm not the best city guide once that I constantly stopped to take pictures but that park is just too beautiful! At least they could sit down by the lake side and enjoy the peace and view of that place.
Another very important point is the food! In the last few years, the gastronomic options in Aveiro have been increasing in numbers but also in quality! There is a huge range of good restaurants to try, most of them with good fish but all of them with meat options and most with vegetarian options also. I tried few of them but there is three that you must try: Porta 35, Porta 36, and À Portuguesa, their offers is all about portuguese gastronomy, a bit expensive but worth it! Also you must try the most famous Aveiro's hamburguer in Ramona.
If you want to have a break on your site seeing, you can go to the beach. The closest one is Praia da Barra, my favourite one for swimming and where you can watch ships getting into the Aveiro port. Another one is Praia da Costa Nova where you can see the colorful striped wooden houses. For both of them you can use a bus or a taxi of course.
Aveiro is a small city and offers a free public bicycle for people to travel in the city, they are called Buga.
It was great to have a chance to show "my" city to my friends, tell them stories that I lived in every single corner of Aveiro. They promised me to come back and they will bring more people with them. I'm waiting for that!

Info:

2 comments:

  1. Take a holiday by going inland (vá para fora cá dentro)!

    ReplyDelete